My name is Olivier Ladeuix, I was born in Bayonne (France) and I have been living in London and in the UK since Septembre 1999 after a 2 years stay in Senegal (Africa), working for the French Air Force.
I am a freelance 3d character animator/modeler/TD working in cartoony Video games, animated TV series and animated Features..
Previous to that, I animated on Chico Chica Boumba, a fun and successful Kid TV series currently airing on French music TV channel M6. Chico Chica Boumba is directed by French ultra talented Director, Cedric Babouche.
In 2009 I was working on my last video game “Spare Parts”, a cartoony action adventure game, at EA BrightLight studio, the British branch of EA, animating but also helping with the modeling, rigging, cutscenes storyboarding, pitching and previz.
I started my animation career in 2007 working for legendary Microsoft Game Studio, Rare, in Twycross near Birmingham, producing realistic and cartoony animations for games like the latest instalment of Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo Kazooie “Nuts and Bolts” 3 on the Xbox 360 and the Dashboard Avatars.
A selection of pretty dated but still interesting animation can be found on my 2009 Rare game showreel, check it out.
I graduated from Animation Mentor in
Spring 2008, after 2 years through:
6. Short film production (2nd term) with ex Dreamworks animator Kevin Koch
6. Short film production with Dreamworks Supervising AnimatorJason Schleifer
5. Begining short film with director, storyman, animator Elliot M.Bour
4. Advanced acting with Dreamworks animator Morgan Kelly.
3. Introduction to acting with Michelle Meeker, who worked on various projects from Sims to Lord of the Rings for companies like Pixar, Weta, Maxis/EA…
2. the principles of body mechanics with Pixar Senior Animator Robert Russ (Toy story 1,2, A Bugs life, Monsters, Nemo, Incredibles, Cars)
1. Basic foundations under the mentorship of Dreamworks supervising animator Cassidy Curtis (Shrek, Madagascar, Shark Tales, Over the edge…)
To further my skills I have also been part of:
Animation Collaborative, a school usually refered to as “The Pixar school” since it was founded by Pixar Animators Andrew Gordon and Michal Makarewicz, is taught by Pixar artists and sits right outside Pixar in Emeryville.
I attended the Animation and Character design classes with respectively Victor Navone for animation, Albert Lozano and Chris Sasaki for Character Design. I would definitely recommend that school to professionals trying to break into the feature animation industry.
Escape‘s Anatomy for digital artists when they used to charge realistic fees.
I regularly attend CG and animation events (CTN, Annecy, Siggraph..) .
Outside of my Animation work, you might know me for the abAutorig tutorial series, a set of popular videos that generated 30k viewings on Vimeo.
I love animation but I love practicing fine art too with both traditional and digital mediums. Life drawing, painting, sketching, modelling with a preference for oil painting and modelling with clay.
If you want to talk about Animation, modeling or anything else, fell free to send me an email at email@example.com